CyberChaun Land

C
The land of all Leprechauns who have taken the leap and have landed in the middle of the internet!
Ya know what? I think I may be the only one!!!! ;-)

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The things that makes ya feel old!

When I got out of the Army back in '98 and started working with youth at a church (my first time being a Youth Leader). Well there where children in that church who where in the Youth Group and children who where too young to be in the Youth Group.

We changed churches about 4 years ago and have not really been back to the old church as we are actually involved at our new church as Sunday School teachers.

Well today one of the youth was married. And the main thought that kept going thru my mind was that he was one of my Youths! But alas he has grown up and is no longer a youth but an adult.

But the real kicker was the number of youth now that where children the last time I saw them. A girl who was in 8th grade being a High School graduate. Another girl who was not even in the Youth Group has all grown up. A young man who has not only graduated High School but also college and is now a teacher at a high school.

It was one of those moments where you look at these young adults and remember when their major concern was what they where going to do after school on Monday. But now they are graduates and holding jobs and getting married.

So it was a nice wedding. And as I said a time to make one feel like they are aging ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home