CyberChaun Land

C
The land of all Leprechauns who have taken the leap and have landed in the middle of the internet!
Ya know what? I think I may be the only one!!!! ;-)

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Star Wars Empire at War

I downloaded the demo today and I am at mixed feelings. Lets first talk about what it is:

It is an RTS (Real Time Strategy) where you can either be the Rebels or the Empire. For those of you who have played the Civilization Series, the Age of Empires/Mythology series, Starcraft, and/or the Command and Conquer series you will see familiar concepts. Because in my opinion this game is a combination of all of those RTS's.

As for game choices you can play as either Rebels or the Empire. As in any RTS you gather resources (in this by controlling planets) and build units. You also have to build defensive structures so you don't loose your planets to the opposition. Controlling planets generate credits (also depending on whom you are playing you can send out special ways to increase your credit flow).

There are two types of attacks: First if you attack a planet and the enemy has orbiting fleets and/or defenses you have to do a space battle. If no space defenses are in place then you do a ground assault. To capture a planet you have to elimnate all enemy ground troops.

A nice feature is the retreat function. If you are loosingwith no hope of victory instead of dashing your trrops into a futile effort and wasting those credits that you spent you can exercise the better part of valor and RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Now for my opinion of the game and why I have mixed feelings:

1) Its Star Wars - Gotta Love it!
2) Its an RTS - Gotta beat it it!
3) It has a hellacious learning curve - Ugggggggggggg!!
4) Clunky game play (IMO) - double ugggggggggggg!!

So will I buy it? Probally not. Would I play it if given to me? YES!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home