CyberChaun Land

C
The land of all Leprechauns who have taken the leap and have landed in the middle of the internet!
Ya know what? I think I may be the only one!!!! ;-)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

a HUH!?!? moment

I am sitting here at work taking care of some inventory stuff when all of a sudden the Fed Ex guy shows up at the counter and says "I have 50 to 60 boxes on my truck. Could somebody help me unload it?"

I was dumbfounded! It took me a few seconds to even be able to reply to this stupid question. Finally I was able to respond with "Uh, No."

Let's step back and look at this in a common sense aspect:

1) He is the Fed Ex person not me, which means he is the one paid to unload the truck and bring in the packages.

2) If I get injured unloading his truck then it is my fault, my responsibility. This translates into me missing school, work and having to pay the medical bills. If he gets injured he has workers compensation and company insurance.

3) If a package on the truck or one of the delivered ones gets damage and I helped him then I could be held liable for it. Not a road I wanna travel.

His asking for help is like a high rise window washer asking for someone to come out and help him, like a short order cook asking ya to come into the kitchen and frying your own eggs, like a tax accountant asking you to file his taxes, like a school teacher asking the child to teach the class. It just is not done. And the clincher to this is if I recall correctly this is the same guy last term who brought some books and complained the whole time about how hard his job was and how he hated large orders.

Another sad case of the plague of "people"!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home